Saturday, June 2, 2012

Saturday Update

My first full week at my new job is over, and it was terrific. I love working with my friend and former boss again, and I'm rapidly getting right back up to speed with the company, even though I haven't worked there in over four years. It's the funniest thing, but when I walk through the halls, it's like I never left and feel right at home. So, that's a sign I was meant to be there.


But I know all of my fans out there are itching for the next book in the series (yes, I'm hearing that A LOT from readers who've finished Heart of the Warrior already -- seems you guys like HOTW even better than ROTF and can't wait for the next book, so I have my work cut out for me to exceed your expectations). To that end, you all will be happy to know I will be writing all weekend after I get a few errands out of the way. But, just to let you know what's coming up on the writing front: 

The Arms of Winter comes out on June 30 (published by Silver, this is a stand-alone novella available for pre-order on Silver Publishing's website right now, and it's another M/M love story)

Micah's Calling is a novella supplement to Rise of the Fallen I hope to publish by mid-August, but I can't give a firm date, yet, until I can work a writing schedule around my new work schedule. If you've read Heart of the Warrior, you'll know what Micah's Calling will be about, but Trace figures predominantly in this story, and a few more secrets are revealed about him. (The first draft is done, and I will start edits this weekend)

Royal Obsession is book three of the AKM series, and I'm working hard to have this one done by end of September or October. This is Io's story, and you saw a hint of what's to come for him in Heart of the Warrior. (The first draft is almost done, but I'm rewriting significant portions. the characters have shown me they want something edgier than the first draft provided)

Snowed In is a holiday short story for an anthology that I hope to finish this weekend.

The Christmas Pendant is another M/M and the first in what I anticipate to be a trilogy of holiday stories to be published over the next three years. I'm hoping I haven't bitten off more than I can chew by trying to churn this one out by Christmas, but that is my goal. (The first draft is all but finished, and was originally intended for a short story, but decided about halfway through it wants to be a novella or novel, so I will be adding A LOT to this story).

I have a couple of blog posts I need to publish. One is on showing vs. telling in story. The other is a make-up since I missed posting my Monday Muse on Memorial Day last week. Oops. Shame on me. I'll have to dig through my manly archives to find you a good one. 



There's my weekly update. Now it's time to run my errands, then work on a few blog posts/interviews, and write! Happy weekend, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment